fredag, juli 10, 2009

An airline I can live with

Having taken a really long trip the last two weeks, I must say that while airlines in the US generally have gone from lousy to pitiful, and British Airways continues to astound with the lack of quality, and even SAS has turned its once-famous customer service into a bleak copy of that of Ryanair, I finally found an airline I could live with: Continental.
Not only was the economy class seats reasonably comfortable, in their transpacific airplanes they even had electric outlets. Even if I got a new battery, it does not last for 12 hours. The entertainment was good (altough there could have been more episodes of House), and while you have to pay for the alcohol (maybe I drink too much anyway), the food was actually good. For the first time in my life - and that includes flying business to Brussels for several years - I got a meal that I would have liked in a restaurant. The curry sauce for the beef was just right, and the rice had not yet become dry.
On the long flights, the planes never get full anyway (they need too much fuel), so there was plenty of space. But to top it off: They were the cheapest alternative my travel agency found!
There is a reason these guys managed to turn 75 years this year. I will probably be one of them more times than this.

Inga kommentarer: