I had no idea until today that there is a site which lists domain names and their values. Well, there are two actually. Although they are the same, to judge from the layout and the tools. However, what Uglystat and in-ter-net do is give you an evaluation of what your domain name is worth. They suddenly turned up as sources of traffic for my blog. Only I do not have one, so I wonder why they suddenly turned up as traffic sources.
The way they supposedly work is that you type in your domain name, and then they collect information about it. What they say they get is metainformation (although not which and from where), page rank (from Google, I guess), host information, Alexa data (Alexa is the "way back machine", which allows you to look at sites the way they looked before), WHOIS information, social data (again, from where?), search engine data (in addition to the page rank), and safety informaiton - whatever that may be. According to this, defensivedriving.com is worth some 12000 dollar, which I am sure is nice for the owners, a driving school in New York.
Personally, I would rather see the money than the valuation. But maybe that is just me.
The Innovation Metric Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard Used
-
Every public company in the technology industry measures innovation
spending the same way. R&D as a percentage of revenue.
Why? Because Wall Street track...
6 månader sedan

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar