On Twitter, you can see how long the long tail really is - and how short the fat end.
I now have 20 followers on Twitter - one of them is my cousin. But thanks everybody! I hope you enjoy the posts.
It is not so hard to get to 500 or so followers, I assume. You just follow enough people who have few enough followers - the etquette is that they follow you back. This works fine as long as people have few enough readers that they can keep track of their following. But looking (very anecdotally) at the followers vs following numbers, you see that after 500 the numbers followed and following become assymetrical. Lady Gaga is following 130000 or so people - and she has upwards of 30 million followers. Granted, that IS the most extreme example you can find. But I can tell you that even following 20 people means it is impossible to keep track of what they post. This sort of makes the whole social network thing rather meaningless - there is no way that you can even pretend to be social when you get more than a hundred messages between times you look.
But the correlation between Twitter followers and blog readership does not seem very correlated, though. I still have eight readers every time I post something - only not the same eight readers. These people come from different countries every time, so either they are great travellers or they are different people. I wish I knew, but the Blogger statistics does not tell you that. And of course, I wish there were about two thousand times more of them. That is what I will be working on next.
The Innovation Metric Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard Used
-
Every public company in the technology industry measures innovation
spending the same way. R&D as a percentage of revenue.
Why? Because Wall Street track...
6 månader sedan

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar