You do not need me to tell you that men and women are different, and that we see life differently. One of the fascinating things about being married is finding out what this means in practice. Sometimes you are amazed that men and women can communicate at all (and sometimes you wonder if we really do). But then, you find yourself thinking about your view of the other sex.
I know something about how men view women, which is rather different from how women view themselves. But I am only now finding out a little about how women view themselves. For instance, this matter about looking good - I always thought that was for me (or rather, other men), but now I know that women do it for themselves. Guess I could be disappointed.
This is important in marketing, of course. Women buy things for rather different reasons than men.
But even more important, women view men very differently from how men view themselves. Keeping them fed, giving them good clothes, and sexual satisfaction (hence the headline) are some of the major functions of men, as I understand it. There must be something more, though, otherwise evolutionary pressure had reduced us to walking penises (some may claim it has, though).
Understanding other people is never easy. Understanding the other sex is twice as hard (but four times as interesting, which is why it is worth while). It also helps us see ourselves. Too bad the mirrors are rarely big enough, or held steady long enough, for us to really use them.
But the differences should also make us reflect over the way we communicate among ourselves in society. Men and women may construct the same buildings and design the same trains, but we see them very differently. The Swedish car company Volvo PV had a female team design a car last year. It was not significantly different from a car designed for men - except being both better-looking and more practical.
There are constraints built into the design you can not get around. And then, there are constraints which are only in your mind. Which are which is the trick to find out. Wonder what a mobile service (not just a mobile phone) designed by women, for women, would look like? Would it be like the web, or like Shamail? Or Push to Talk? Or something I as a man can not even begin to imagine?
//Johan
The Innovation Metric Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard Used
-
Every public company in the technology industry measures innovation
spending the same way. R&D as a percentage of revenue.
Why? Because Wall Street track...
6 månader sedan

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar