If you are running a user-provided content service, you do not want to have too much interactions with the users. As a matter of fact, you would rather have none. But if you do, you can use it.
Now I am going to use PayPal as example, since they provide a service which consists of user-provided content. Moreover, I am having a private interaction, and I do not intend to show it to someone else. And I have identified myself to PayPal.
The issue is that I have an interaction in two different formats: They send me emails to which I respond. And I have an account with them. Furthermore, they require me to send emails using a web form, when I am logged in to their account (and hence identified).
So why can I not access my entire history of interactions with them from my account? Why do they present the same page all the time? Since they have made me unhappy (never mind for now whose fault it is), why not work a little harder to make me happy? That is the secret to providing services on the Internet - gurus like Seth Godin have said so, as have many others. Exceed your users expectations in the pleasant direction. If you can, you should delight users, not make them angry. If that is the result of your interactions, you can be sure they will look for alternatives. Especially when it would be as simple as linking the email history to the account balance page.
The Innovation Metric Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard Used
-
Every public company in the technology industry measures innovation
spending the same way. R&D as a percentage of revenue.
Why? Because Wall Street track...
6 månader sedan

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar